Kids Summer Activities
Kids summer activities can be hard to come up with. Keeping your kids entertained and happy during the summer can be a challenge. Ask any parent – while most of us love having our children home during the summer months, it isn’t easy coming up with fun ways to entertain the kids during the summer. We have come up with several ways to to create a memorable summer for the family before it’s back time to head back to work and school.
Fun Kids Summer Activities:
Family beach day
What better way to celebrate summer than at the beach? An added bonus is the kids will be entertained while also staying cool on a hot summer day. Make your day at the beach a memorable time by starting some fun family traditions. What could you do at the beach to make it memorable and fun?
- Build a huge sandcastle together and be sure to take photos with the sandcastle and post it on social media.
- Play games like volleyball, soccer, and catch. Not only will you be active, but you will be soaking up the sun too.
- Take your family pet along (make sure pets are allowed at the beach) and create a memorable event that all of you can reminisce on years down the road.
Picnic in the park
A quiet, relaxing picnic day at the park is the perfect way to spend quality time with your kids and absorb the beauty of nature at the same time. A few hours away from television and technology is just what you need for some summertime fun with the kids. Some activities you can do while at the park are:
- Play Frisbee with your kids. Kids love when their parents participate in the activities.
- Carry your camera and take family photos.
- Bring food that you can prepare together, like tacos or PB&J sandwiches.
- If you have a cooler – pack some popsicles for the kids or you can even buy them ice cream for an ice cream truck if there is one there.
Take a camping trip
You’ll get to enjoy the company of your children in an unfamiliar environment and will even learn a few things about them and their abilities in the process. Camping also provides the opportunity for you and your kids to enjoy many out-of-the-ordinary activities together, like:
- Put up the tent.
- Gather wood and building a fire.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Tell stories while sitting around the campfire.
- If there is a lake there go in the lake with your children.
- Take a hike while you are camping.
Grow a garden
Completing a gardening project with your kids will definitely feel rewarding, especially if you can see the fruit of your labor for a long time to come. You and your kids can spend a few summer days planting flowers, fruits and vegetables that you’ll all remember.
- Go shopping for personalized gardening accessories like colored gloves, inscribed straw hats and patterned mud boots. If your children are small, you can even find kid-size garden tools like shovels and rakes to make it that much more fun.
- After you’ve planted a garden with your kids, place an inscribed stepping-stone or other garden ornament in the garden to commemorate the occasion.
Take a Family Day Trip
It’s always nice to have something to look forward to during the summer. One thing children love to do is take a family day trip. Some great ideas for a day trip include the following:
- Museum – go to a children’s museum near the house
- Take the children to a local attraction – this could be a trip to the city or the local amusement park
- Go to the local pool – kids love going to the local pool – especially if there is a slide there
Summertime is the perfect time to create memories with your children that will last a lifetime! Start today to make the memories of the summer ones that all of you will go back to time and time again.