Administrative Professionals Day
Administrative Professionals Day is the one day we acknowledge and thank the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists, and other administrative support professionals. As a show of your appreciation, they are typically given cards, flowers, chocolates, and lunches. Unlike Employee Appreciation Day, where everyone in the company is thanked for their dedication and hard work, this day focuses on the administrative workers in the company. It is frequently referred to as Administrative Assistant Day, Secretaries Day or Admin Day.
When is it Observed?
The last Wednesday of the month in April.
Dates: April 22, 2020; April 21, 2021; April 27, 2022; April 26, 2023
Type of Holiday?
How is National Admin Professionals Day celebrated?
- Recognize staff personnel with gifts such as flowers, candy or gift cards
- A luncheon in their honor
- Training opportunities for staff development
- Time off
- Team bonding events like Ice Cream Making Challenge
National Administrative Professional’s Day Trivia/Facts:
- Launched by Mary Barrett and C. King Woodbridge in reaction to secretary shortage during WWII
- The first observance was on Wednesday, June 4th, 1952 during the First National Secretaries Week, June 1-7 1952
- Originally known as Professional Secretaries Day, name changed to Professional Secretaries Week in 1981.
- It is part of the observance of Professional Secretaries week
- Professional Secretaries Week was then changed to Administrative Professionals Day
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on April 25th:
- Al Pacino, Movie actor
- Ella Fitzgerald, jazz musician
- Renee Zellweger, Movie Actress
- Shiloh, pop singer
- Alex Shibutani, figure skater
- Malalai Joya, politician
- Ben Kendrik, Journalist
- Darcy Steinke, Author