April Fool’s Day
April 1st, frequently referred to as April Fool’s Day is celebrated around the world with a day filled with fun-filled pranks and hopefully laughter. While April 1st is not a federal holiday – when people ask, “What day is today?” the answer is the same throughout the world, April 1st is April Fool’s Day.
When is April Fool’s Day?
It is always on April 1st
Type of Holiday?
While well known, it is an unofficial holiday. Fun.
How to Celebrate the Day?
- Expect the unexpected
- Over the past several years, big brands have gotten in on the joke and pulled some funny pranks on their valued customers. Retail clothing store, H&M announced a fashion line by Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg. This is especially funny since Zuckerberg is best known for the gray t-shirt and jeans he wears every day. Another great practical joke was the McDonald’s, Micro Mac. A very small version of the Big Mac. They even had a video for the Micro Mac, making it that much more believable.
April Fool’s Day Trick Suggestions:
- WIFI – change the password on the kids and tell them you didn’t pay the bill. (Tape their reactions – please!)
- With everyone self quarantining this year – wake your child up early and tell them you received a call from the school and they are open!!
- Have a favorite celebrity? Replace your son or daughter’s face with your favorite celeb and see how long it takes for people to notice.
- Subscribe your friend to a random website – how to raise cows in the city, how to create a backyard farm…..
- Replace the text on someone’s phone – when they type “good morning” have the text replaced with “do you want a coke with that?” or something else silly.
- One common household trick is using a rubber band to make your kitchen faucet stay on. When someone turns the faucet on they will get sprayed and won’t know why.
- Another famous trick is the whoopie cushion, the cushion you put on a chair and hope no one sees before they sit down. When they do sit on the cushion a fart sound comes out. A little embarrassment on April 1st seems to go a long way when it comes to the whoopie cushion – especially with children.
- Looking for more April Fool’s Ideas – Check out these April Fool’s jokes.
- Some people believe April Fools’ Day is linked to the Spring Equinox, marked on March 20 this year, when mother nature unleashes unpredictable weather on everyone.
- English pranksters started playing practical jokes on one another on April 1st from at least 1700.
- Randy Orton – Wrestler, Actor
- Susan Boyle – Scottish Singer
- Rachel Maddow – American Television Host
- Debbie Reynolds – Actress
If you’re looking for a good trick for April 1st, do a quick search on the internet. Quite a few can be found.
What is your favorite April Fool’s Day trick? Share and let us know!!