D-Day was the turning point of World War II. Taking place in Normandy, on June 6, 1944 the Allied Forces of Britain, America, Canada, and France attacked German forces on the coast of Normandy, France. The Allies attacked and won. This was the beginning of the end for the Germans – mostly Hitler.
When is D Day Celebrated?
Annually on June 6th
How to Honor the Day?
- Honor all the veterans who have participated in any wars.
- Make a donation to the veterans.
- Support the national D-Day Memorial
- Over 425,000 Allied and German troops were killed, wounded or went missing during the Battle of Normandy.
- The invasion lasted approximately 24 days.
- Fewer than 1,000 veterans who fought in WWII are alive.
Famous Birthdays – June 6th:
- Paul Giamatti – American Actor
- Björn Borg – Swedish. Tennis Player
- Harvey Fierstein – American Actor
- Colin Quinn – Comedian
- Uncle Kracker – Singer
Popular Social Media Hashtags: