National Dessert Day
National Dessert Day is a for people to satisfy their sweet tooth and to go ahead and enjoy the dessert of their choice. Today is the day to enjoy all of those decadent sweets without the guilt. There are quite a few treats out there for you to enjoy – including brownies, cakes, pies ice cream or chocolate desserts.
When is National Dessert Day?
Annually on October 14th
Type of Holiday?
How to Celebrate the Holiday?
- Have your friends over for dessert
- Eat a sweet treat for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Buy a special after dinner treat
- Try the traditional dessert – apple pie and ice cream
Dessert Day Trivia/Facts:
- It is not known when this day originated or who originated it.
- There are a number of words used for dessert including but not limited to sweet, pastry, cake, torte, pie, tart, ice cream, ice, sherbet, sorbet, sundae, compote, fruit salad, pudding, custard and flan.
- The ice cream cone was invented during the World’s Fair in St.Louis in 1904
- Cheesecake was invented in New York City by 1912
- Desserts can be purchased in a grocery store or a bakery
- Entenmann’s is one of the most popular desserts sold in the grocery store with first opening in 1898. One of their most popular desserts is the “all-butter loaf cake”, and has sold more than 700 million of them since inception
- Entenmann’s was bought out by bimbo in 2017
- The most popular desserts in the United States include chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, cheesecake, pecan pie, carrot cake and ice cream
Popular Hashtags to promote the holiday:
People who celebrate their birthday on October 14th:
- Usher – musician
- Dwight D. Eisenhower – former President
- Roger Moore – Actor (famous for playing 007)
- Ralph Lauren – Fashion Designer
National Dessert Day happens to be on Columbus Day and is just one of the holidays celebrated in October. Halloween, Taco Day, Coming Out Day, Arthritis Day and many more!!