National Donut Day
A day so important it is celebrated two times a year. The first day the holiday is celebrated the first Friday in June and then five months later the donut is celebrated again on November 5th. The “official” day of the holiday is said to be in June. The first date was created during World War I, when female volunteers delivered donuts to soldiers on the front lines in France. An interesting fact is the donuts were fried in the metal helmets. As for the November 5th date for celebrating the holiday, there is no founder or history and some believe the date was founded by a donut retailer.
When is Donut Day Celebrated?
The first Friday in June and November 5th.
June 5, 2020
June 4, 2021
June 3, 2022
June 2, 2023
June 7, 2024
Type of Holiday?
Fun, food holiday
How to Celebrate National Donut Day:
- Go to your local donut retailer and get a free or discounted donut
- Have a party where you only serve donuts
- Bring donuts to work
- Decorate your donuts special for this day
- Make homemade donuts
- Create a new flavor
NATIONAL NACHOS DAY IS TOMORROW??
Facts and Trivia about the Day:
- The Salvation Army founded the day in 1938
- Most retailers honor the donut on the first Friday in June
- Glazed is the most popular donut in the United States, followed by chocolate glazed and Boston creme. Other popular flavors are chocolate frosting with sprinkles, jelly and powdered
- More than 10 million donuts are sold per year
- The largest donut ever made was 1.7 tons
- Hanson Gregory claimed to have invented the doughnut in 1847
Famous Birthdays celebrated on November 5th:
- Odell Beckham, Jr. – Famous NFL player
- Kris Jenner – Reality star, Mom to the Kardashian Family
- Bryan Adams – Musician
- Kevin Jonas – Singer, part of the Jonas Brothers
- Vivian Leigh – Deceased Actress
Do you have a favorite donut?
Other holidays in November are Daylight Saving Day, Nachos Day, Candy Day and many more. Check out all the holidays in November right here!