WHAT IS EAT YOUR VEGETABLES DAY
Eat your vegetables day is all about eating those vegetables you get straight from the earth. With so many choices out there, you have plenty of options and will find a way to eat your vegetables. There are carrots, celery, kale, lettuce, brussel sprouts, corn and many more. This day is all about finishing that green on your plate, and then going back for more.
When is Eat Your Vegetable Day?
Celebrate this holiday every year on June 17th
How is Eat Your Vegetables Day Celebrated?
- Find out which vegetables are in season in your area and support your local farmers by buying from them.
- Gather friends or family and go out to a vegetarian restaurant.
- Start a home garden showcasing your favorite vegetables.
- Push yourself beyond what you are familiar with and try a vegetable you’ve never had before.
- Invite friends and family over and serve a meal of healthy vegetables
- Try to include one or two vegetables with every meal.
Eat Your Vegetables Day Trivia/Facts:
- Vegetables are healthy and full of vitamins, phytonutrients, fiber, and minerals.
- Eating vegetables every day can help reduce the risk of a variety of health problems, including type 2 diabetes, obesity, and some types of cancers.
- Onions are the most widely used vegetable in the world.
- Vegetables were a vital influence on civilization as our hunter-gatherer ancestors couldn’t be as nomadic if they had planted vegetables that needed to be tended and harvested (“putting down roots”).
- Eating vegan (no meat or dairy) saves approximately 100 animals a year and uses fewer natural resources than raising livestock.
Famous Birthdays on June 17th:
- George Cormack – Inventor of Wheaties cereal
- Mark Linn Baker – Actor
- Barry Manilow – Singer/songwriter
- Maurits Escher – Artist
- Igor Stravinsky – Composer
- Newt Gingrich – Politician
- Kendrick Lamar – Rapper
- Dan Jansen – Speedskater
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#Eatyourveggies #eatyourvegetablesday #ilove____ (add your favorite vegetable)