National Empanada Day
Empanadas are made by folding the dough or bread around a seasoned stuffing. Frequently referred to as a fried pie, they can be filled with meat or fruit. They are frequently filled with potato, cheese, pork, beef, chicken and fresh or dry fruit such as apples, apricots, peaches or sweet potatoes and then fried.
How is Empanada Day celebrated?
- Try making your own empanadas for dinner
- Enjoy various mouth-watering Empanada recipes with stuffing of your choice and share with friends
- Go out to dinner with family or friends and order empanadas
- Create your own recipe for empanadas. Try a recipe from Foodnetwork.com and let us know what you think.
Empanada Day Trivia/Facts:
- An empanada is a delicious Spanish and Portuguese type of stuffed bread that is baked or fried.
- Empanadas can be served hot or cold as the main course or as a side dish.
- Empanadas stuffing may be meat, cheese, vegetables or fruits other ingredients.
- A cookbook published in 1520 in Catalan, the Libre del Coch by Ruperto de Nola, mentions empanadas filled with seafood.
- Though this dish originated in Europe, immigrants brought the recipe to various countries around the world where it was adopted and slightly altered to fit the tastes of that particular country.
- In Argentina, empanadas are sometimes made with a fruit filling and served as dessert.
- In Jamaica, empanadas are referred to as “Jamaican patties” and are made with crispy pastry dough.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on April 8th:
- Dej Loaf- Rapper
- Mathew Healey – Rock singer
- Leon Burns – Dancer
- Kim Jonghyun – Pop singer
- Chris Kyle – War hero
- Gennady Golovkin – Boxer
- Vincent Castronovo – Dancer
- Izzy Stradlin – Guitarist
- Kirsten Storms – Soap Opera star
- Sara Shepard – Novelist
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#empanadas #nationalempanadaday #empanadaday
Other holidays celebrated in April include April Fool’s Day. There are your health holidays, which includes World Health Day and Autism Awareness Day, And of course – we have the fun holidays from World Party Day to National Siblings Day and National Pet Day. Let’s not forget the numerous food and drink holidays – from National Empanada day to National Beer Day.