February 19th – National Chocolate Mint Day
National Chocolate Mint Day is a holiday created by the U.S. National Confectioners Association so that all chocolate mint lovers can eat this treat all day long (without the guilt). This holiday is very similar to National Peppermint Patty Day, a holiday also celebrated in February, because really that’s what a peppermint patty is, chocolate wrapped around a mint tasting filling.
When is National Chocolate Mint?
National Chocolate Mint Day is celebrated the same day every year, February 19th.
Type of Holiday?
Fun Holiday. Created by the U.S. National Confectioners Association. When thinking about this holiday, we can’t help but think about National Peppermint Patty Day – because really that’s what a peppermint patty is, chocolate wrapped around a mint tasting filling.
How is National Chocolate Mint Day Celebrated?
This holiday has been set aside for all the chocolate mint lovers to eat their favorite treats all day long. This includes ice cream and of course the famous Girl Scout Cookies, Thin Mint cookies. The best way to celebrate this holiday is to make chocolate mint. We have a recipe for Chocolate Mint by Genius Kitchen here.
Fun National Chocolate Mint Day Facts:
- Mint chocolate chip is the 10th most popular flavor of ice cream
- Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry and among the top 5
- Did you know it takes about 50 licks to finish an ice cream cone (not chocolate mint related, but definitely an interesting fact)
- Thin Mint cookies, created by the girl scouts was created in 1953
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 19th:
- Benicio Del Torre – Actor
- Nicolaus Copernicus – Astronomer
- Smokey Robinson – Singer
- Millie Bobby Brown – Actress
- Jeff Daniels – Actor
- Seal – Singer
- Justine Bateman – Actress
- Prince Andrew – English Royalty
- Conrad Murray – Doctor to Michael Jackson
February 19th is a busy day, with President’s Day also celebrated!