National Fragrance Day
When thinking about the word ‘fragrance’ one often thinks about cologne or perfume. Also popular is aromatherapy and potpourri, as well as soaps, oils, lotions, essential oils and even scented candles.
Perfume is a mixture of fragrant essential oils and aroma compounds, fixatives, and solvents used to give the human body, objects, and living spaces a pleasant smell. That pleasant smell frequently invokes an emotion with it. How many times have you smelled a delicious meal and thought of a loved one? Or smelled a perfume on someone and thought about your mother or a friend.
When is National Fragrance Day?
The same day every year, March 21st.
Type of Holiday?
Fun. Unofficial Holiday.
How is National Fragrance Day celebrated?
Take a field trip! – Get outside and get to smelling! Take a notebook with you and see how many different smells you and your family can come up with. This is a lot of fun and a great learning experience too.
National Fragrance Day Facts:
- November is National Fragrance Month
- There is an annual event held to honor fragrances. The Fragrance Foundation Awards is hosted by The Fragrance Foundation that honors creative excellence and achievement in the fragrance industry.
- There are several types of fragrances from single floral, floral bouquet, ambery, woody, leather, bright floral and citrus or fruity.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 21st :
- Rosie O’Donnell – Actress
- Adrien Peterson – NFL Running Back
- Scott Eastwood – Actor
- Ali Abdullah Saleh – Former President of Yemen
- Antoine Griezmann – French Soccer Player
- Matthew Broderick – Actor
- Kevin Federline – Britney Spears ex-husband
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?