What is National Grape Popsicle Day?
National Grape Popsical Day is all about the delicious grape popsicle. Homemade popsicles, store bought popsicles, and let’s not forget the ice cream man – are about the grape popsicle today!! A childhood treat that both creates and brings back happy memories, the popsicle was said to be created by Frank Epperson, an 11 year old boy, who later started a business at the age of 18.
When is National Grape Popsicle Day?
Type of Holiday
Fun, Food Holiday
Other Holidays Celebrated on May 27th:
- Sun Screen Day
- National Senior Health & Fitness Day – May 27, 2020 (Last Wednesday in May)
- World Otter Day – May 27, 2020 (Last Wednesday in May)
How to Celebrate Popsicle Day – Homemade Popsicles Anyone?
- Make homemade popsicles to celebrate the day
- Buy popsicles from the ice cream man
- Invite friends and family over for grape popsicles
- Have a popsicle party where you make them at home
- Eat popsicles for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Trivia about the Day:
- Frank Epperson, an 11 year old boy, was the inventor of the popsicle.
- Epperson accidentally left a cup of homemade soda on the porch overnight. When he woke up the next morning, the soda was frozen around the stirring stick. He realized it was a neat treat and called it the Epsicle.
- Epperson later started a popsicle business when he was 18.
- Cherry is the most popular popsicle flavor.
- Cherry Popsicle Day is August 26th.
- Popsicles were originally marketed as “a frozen drink on a stick”.
- More than two billion Popsicles are sold each year.
Recipe for Homemade Popsicles:
Easy Strawberries And Cream Popsicles:
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream or yogurt
1 cup of milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
For more delicious recipes and instructions on how to make homemade popsicles be sure to go to Living on a Dime.
Famous Birthdays on May 27th:
- Paul Bettany – Actor
- Henry Kissinger – Former Secretary of State
- Jamie Oliver – Famous Chef
- Chris Colfer – Actor, Famous for “Glee”
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalgrapepopsicleday #grapepopsicleday #popsicles