National Corn on the Cob Day
National Corn on the Cob Day is not only about how to cook the perfect corn on the cob but celebrating the delicious side dish. The perfect side dish for any barbecue. Whether you are eating it on a stick at a fair, in the backyard with family or even as a snack, corn on the cob is a food worth cooking. How to cook the perfect corn on the cob is not an easy task – but once you get the hang of it, you will want to celebrate this vegetable every day.
When is National Corn on the Cob Day?
Celebrated every year on June 11th
Type of Holiday:
Food. Fun Holiday.
Other Holidays Celebrated on June 11th:
- National Career Nursing Assistants Day – June 11, 2020 (First Day of National Nursing Assistants Week)
- National German Chocolate Cake Day – June 11
- National Making Life Beautiful Day – June 11
How to Celebrate the Day:
- Learn how to cook corn on the cob the right way. Whether you roll it in aluminum foil or boil it – when done just right it is perfect.
- The best way to cook corn on the cob is to bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes. Drain corn and brush with melted butter. Delicious.
- Have friends and family over and serve corn on the cob.
- Go to a fair and get a corn on the cob on a stick.
- Corn is called maize by most countries, this comes from the Spanish word ‘maiz’.
- Corn is a cereal crop that is part of the grass family.
- An ear or cob of corn is actually part of the flower and an individual kernel is a seed.
- On average an ear of corn has 800 kernels in 16 rows.
- Corn can be produced in various colors including blackish, bluish-gray, purple, green, red and white but the most common color grown is yellow.
- There is one silk for every kernel that grows in an ear of corn.
Famous Birthdays on June 11th:
- Shia LaBeouf – American Actor
- Jean Alesi – Famous Race Car Driver
- Peter Dinklage – American Actor
- Gene Wilder – American Actor
- Claire Holt – Australian, American Actor
- Joshua Jackson – American Actor
Popular Social Media Hashtags: