International Beer and Pizza Day
International Beer and Pizza Day is one of the most iconic food and drink combinations on the planet. Both beer and pizza come in a countless number of varieties and both are enjoyed by many different cultures all over the world. International Beer and Pizza Day can be enjoyed by all – or most – you need to be of legal drinking age for the beer part.
When is International Beer and Pizza Day?
Celebrated every year on October 9th
Type of Holiday?
How is International Beer and Pizza Day celebrated?
- Invite friends over for some beer and pizza
- Go out for beer and pizza
- Try a different type of beer or pizza that you may not normally try
International Beer and Pizza Day Trivia Facts:
- Beer has been around for a verrrry long time – dating back to at least the fifth millennium BC and recorded in the written history of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia
- The word pizza was first documented in 997 AD in Gaeta, Italy, and successively in different parts of Central and Southern Italy
- October is National Pizza Month.
- Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza each day, or 350 slices per second
- Pizza is a $30 billion per year industry
- There are approximately 61,269 pizzerias in the United States
- Pepperoni is America’s favorite topping
- The strongest beer in the world has a 67.5% alcohol content
- National Beer Day is celebrated on April 7th
- The top five states for beer consumption is 1. North Dakota, 2. New Hampshire, 3. Montana, 4. South Dakota, 5. Wisconsin.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on October 9th :
- Bella Hadid – Model
- Scotty McCreery – Singer
- John Lennon – Singer/Deceased
- Sharon Osbourne – host on The Talk
- Jackson Browne – Singer
- Steve Burns – Host of Blues Clues (famous children’s television series from the 90’s)
How do you plan on celebrating International Beer and Pizza Day? Do you have a favorite beer or pizza?