INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY
International Beer Day is all about celebrating beer. It is a global day where we celebrate all things beer in bars, pubs, breweries or in your backyard. This is a day for beer lovers everywhere to cheer to the other beer lovers and bartenders out there and rejoice in the invention we call beer. This holiday was first celebrated in 2008. It was created in 2007 in Santa Cruz, California by Jesse Avshalomov. There is also National Beer Day, celebrated on April 7th.
When is National Beer Day?
The first Friday in August. August 2, 2019, August 7, 2020, August 6, 2021
Type of Holiday?
This holiday is all about fun. No days off for this holiday.
How is National Beer Day Celebrated?
- Take a tour of a local brewery – there is sure to be one nearby with the growth of craft brewers.
- Most eating/drinking establishments will have specials with discounts, beer tastings and foods prepared with beer. Visit one with friends and have a taste test!
- Join a pub crawl (not that we are encouraging drinking too much).
- Buy a friend a beer
- Express your gratitude to a bartender who serves beer
National Beer Trivia/Facts:
- According to statistics, beer is the world’s most widely consumed alcoholic beverage. It is the third most popular drink overall following water and tea.
- International Beer Day has grown from a small localized event in the western United States into a worldwide celebration spanning 207 cities, 80 countries and 6 continents. International Beer Day has three declared purposes:
- To gather with friends and enjoy the taste of beer.
- To celebrate those responsible for brewing and serving beer.
- To unite the world under the banner of beer, by celebrating the beers of all nations together on a single day
- Beer is one of the world’s oldest prepared beverages, possibly dating back to 9500 BC when cereal was first farmed since grain and hops are the main ingredients.
- There are more than 4,000 active breweries in the United States,
- According to the Beer Institute, roughly 1.75 million Americans have jobs as a result of the American beer industry.
- In the past decade, there has been a huge increase the number of small and independent craft brewers. Their numbers in the U.S. are at a record high.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on August 2nd:
- Charlie XCX – Singer
- Sam Worthington – Actor
- Kevin Smith – Producer
Do you have a favorite beer? Leave a comment and let us know.