National Meatball Day
Whether you make your meatballs with a special blend of meat or a secret family recipe, one thing we know is that the taste of meatballs alone calls for a celebration. It isn’t just about spaghetti and meatballs, there is also meatball pizza, meatball heroes, and Swedish meatballs. We are so excited about meatball day, we decided to share an amazing recipe with you. Allrecipes claims to have the best meatball recipe out there. Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share?
When is National Meatball Day?
Celebrated on March 9th every year
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How is National Meatball Day celebrated?
- Meatball Day should be celebrated with family and friends
- Try new recipes from other countries
- Identify the ‘meatball king’ in your city. Restaurants across the country are celebrating with special offers on meatballs so pull a few friends together and go try the many varieties
- Take part in a meatball eating contest
- Share your meatball recipes with friends as a way of celebrating
National Meatball Day Facts:
- Just about every culture around the world has its own meatball tradition.
- In China, there is a record of a recipe that can date back to 221 BC.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#meatballs #nationalmeatballday #meatballday
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 9th:
- Bobby Fischer – Chess champion
- Amerigo Vespucci – Explorer
- Bow Wow – Rapper
- Clint Dempsey – Soccer player
- Yuri Gagarin – Astronaut
- Brittany Snow – Actress
Other interesting holidays celebrated in March include National Cereal Day, National Joe Day and National Potato Chip Day.
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?