National Men Make Dinner Day?
National Men Make Dinner Day is observed annually on the first Thursday in November. This holiday must have been created by a woman, Sandy Sharkey, who was so sick of cooking she decided to set a day aside to encourage the man in her life to cook for her. And barbecuing doesn’t count on this holiday – unless of course the man goes to the store, prepares the meat and cooks it too! This is the day for men to take charge in the kitchen and cook for their loved ones.
When is National Men Make Dinner Day?
This holiday is celebrated on the first Thursday in November annually.
Type of Holiday?
How is National Men Make Dinner Day celebrated?
- Let your man cook for you
- Also allow your man to shop for the food, prepare it and clean up after dinner
- Invite friends over to help celebrate the man in your life cooking for you
- Buy the wine for dinner
- No making left overs
- No ordering pizza
National Men Make Dinner Day Facts:
- This holiday was established to help those men that don’t usually cook outside of a barbecue
- Created by Sandy Sharkey after she determined that men could be amazing in the kitchen,
- Your partner cannot help with the preparations for dinner
- Most famous chefs are men – Gordon Ramsey, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri, Emeril Lagasse and the Cake Boss to name a few
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#meninthekitchen #menmakedinner #dinnercookedbymyman
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on November 1st :
- Lyell Lovett – Country Singer
- Toni Collette – Actress
- Jenny McCarthy – Television Personality
- Bo Bice – Rock Singer
- Alex-Wolff – Actor/Musician
- David Bermann – Author
- Stephen Crane – Author
- Gary Player – Pro Golfer
- Tim Cook – Apple CEO
Other special holidays in November include – Thanksgiving, Author’s Day, Housewife’s Day, Candy Day and many more!
Check out December Holidays Here!