Mother’s Day is a day celebrated in the United States to honor all moms, grandmothers and great-grandmothers for all that they do for their families, communities and society all year long. Gift ideas for the holiday include a nice piece of jewelry, something homemade to show her you care, flowers, a card or even just spending time with mom – who doesn’t love to share the day with that someone special?
When is Mother’s Day?
Held annually on the second Sunday in May. The holiday is on May 9th, 2021, May 8th, 2022, May 14th, 2023, May 12th, 2024.
Type of Holiday?
How is Mother’s Day celebrated?
- Families pamper their moms all day long by sharing quality time with them
- Some families make a special homemade breakfast in bed complete with a single red rose in a vase
- You can create a Mother’s Day coupon book with coupons for free hugs, kisses and even a coupon to complete chores
- Buy mom a bouquet of flowers, jewelry or another gift
- Call mom if she doesn’t live near you
- Take mom out for breakfast, brunch or dinner
- Volunteer as a family to a cause that is dear to mom’s heart
- Mother’s Day is always on the second Sunday in May
- It was first celebrated in 1908 in honor of Anna Jarvis’s mother
- In 1914, it became an official holiday
- More phone calls are made on this holiday than on any other day of the year
- Carnations are very popular flowers purchased on this day
- Approximately 14 billion dollars are spent on this day
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on May 10th:
- Fred Astaire – Singer, Actor, Dancer
- Bono – Singer
- Kenan Thompson – Actor, Comedian
- John Wilkes Booth – Assassinated President Abraham Lincoln
- Jason Brooks, actor
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#happymothersday #mothersday #ilovemom #mymomisthebest