National Beverage Day?
National Beverage Day is a day set aside to chill alongside a pitcher of your favorite beverage. The beverage is your choice. It can be soda, sangria, a pina colada or even a margarita. The origin of this day is unknown.
When is National Beverage Day?
Annually on May 6th
Type of Holiday?
How is National Beverage Day celebrated?
- Discover new beverages and try them out
- Have taste-testing parties. Have attendees bring their favorite beverage to share and have them try a hand at mixology
- While you are enjoying your favorite beverage why not sing a song that contains the name of your beverage in the lyrics. For example – The Escape (The Pina Colada Song) or Margaritaville are great examples
- Meet friends at happy hour to celebrate the beverage
National Beverage Day Trivia/Facts:
- Water is not considered a beverage
- Tea is the most consumed beverage in the world
- Beer is the second most consumed beverage in the world.
- Beverage Day Replaced National Carbonated Beverage Day
- Coca-Cola Co. is the largest beverage company in the world
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on May 6th:
- George Clooney, Actor
- Tony Blair, Prime Minister of Britain
- Chris Paul, Basketball Player
- Bob Seger, American Singer-songwriter
- Willie Mays, Baseball Star
- Leslie Hope, Canadian Actress
- Andre Weil, Mathematician
- Rubin Carter, Boxer
- Martin Brodeur, Ice Hockey Player
- Martha Nussbaum, Philosopher, Writer, University teacher
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
NationalBeverageDay #BeverageDay #haveadrink