National Brothers Day
National Brother Day is about celebrating your brother – big or little, show your appreciation for the male relative you grew up with. C. Daniel Rhodes of Alabama founded Brothers Day.
When is it?
Celebrated Annually on May 24th
Type of Holiday
Official – but you don’t get the day off.
Other Holidays Celebrated on May 24th:
- National Escargot Day
- National Asparagus Day
- Bermuda Day
- National Brother Day
- Scavenger Hunt Day
- World Schizophrenia Day
How can you celebrate National Brothers Day?
- Share photos of your siblings on Facebook
- Let your siblings know you care about them
- Have a family dinner in honor of the special day
- Give your sibling a call
- Go all out and get your sibling a card or a gift
- Give your brother a hug.
Trivia about Brothers Day
- The most siblings with same birthday are 5. All 5 were born on the 20th of February in 1952, 1953, 1956, 1961 and 1966. The odds of this occurring are one in nearly 18 billion.
- In China there was a one-child policy untill 2015, which means it restricted urban families to having only one child.
- For 35 years it was illegal to have more than one child in China
- Having a sibling of the opposite sex can help you with dating
- C. Daniel Rhodes founded Brothers Day.
- Research shows that a close bond with a sibling during middle and old age is correlated with positive mood and overall health
- A supportive relationship with a sibling also eased loneliness later in life
Famous Birthdays Celebrated on May 24th:
- Queen Victoria – Queen of the United Kingdom and Ireland (1837-1901)
- Bob Dylan – Singer/Songwriter
- Priscilla Presley – Elvis Presley’s 1st Wife
- Patti LaBelle – Singer
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#NationalBrotherDay #brothersday #brothers #family