National Cat Day
While National Cat Day should be celebrated every day for all the cat lovers out there, there is a special day set aside just for cats. This day was created to encourages cat lovers to celebrate the cats in their lives for the unconditional love and companionship they provide. Other cat days include, International Cat Day, which was created in 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare, World Cat Day is celebrated on February 17th in much of Europe and on March 1st in Russia.
When is National Cat Day Celebrated?
October 29th – celebrated annually
How is National Cat Day Celebrated?
- Adopt a homeless cat
- If you already own a cat, give your pet a special treat or a new toy
- Make a donation to a homeless animal shelter
- Take a selfie with your cat and post it to Instagram
- Cats love to nap – join your cat for a nap to celebrate their day
Cat Day Trivia/Facts:
- 95% of pet owners admit to talking to their cats. Who doesn’t speak to their pets?
- A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
- A cat cannot see directly under its nose. A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human only has 206 bones.
- A cat has four rows of whiskers and use their whiskers as “antennas” to help judge the width of a space.
- A cat can sprint at about thirty-one miles per hour.
- A cat sees about six times better than a human at night
- Cats only meow at humans. They will almost never meow at another cat. Cats use this sound for humans.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on October 29th:
- Bob Ross (1942-1995) – Painter
- Ruel – Soul Singer
- Winona Ryder – Actress
- Gabrielle Union – Actress
- Richard Dreyfus – Actor
- Chris Baio – Singer
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#ilovecats #worldcatday #celebrateworldcatday