National Certified Nurses Day
Certified Nurses Day is a day set aside to honor nurses throughout the world through national board certification in their specialty. In order to be a nurse in the United States people must be RN’s, meaning they must have a registered nurse (RN) license, in order to practice. By being a Certified Nurse this affirms advanced knowledge, skill, and practice to meet the challenges of modern nursing. This holiday was inspired by Dr. Gretta Madden Styles, a pioneer in nursing certification.
When is National Certified Nurses Day
Annually on March 19th
Type of Holiday
How to Celebrate National Certified Nurses Day
- Invite all nurses to advance their career by choosing a certification.
- Appreciate the certified nurses in your life and on your team with practical personal gifts that feature the Certified Nurses Day logo.
- Have a special lunch for all the Certified Nurses.
- Thank a nurse – they deserve it!
National Certified Nurses Day Facts/Trivia:
- This holiday was inspired by Dr. Gretta Madden Styles, a pioneer in nursing certification.
- As of 2017, the average wage for nurses who completed an RN diploma or associate’s degree program earned an average of $73,000 per year, while BSN nurses earned $79,000. Nurses who had earned a master’s degree averaged $87,000 per year, and those with a doctoral degree earned about $96,000 per year.
- The 1st nursing school was established in India in 250 B.C. Only men were allowed to attend the school because they were viewed as more pure than women.
- Nurses are consistently named one of the most trusting professions.
- Nurses walk on average 4 miles a day.
- There are currently over 2.9 million nurses in the United States.
- Only 3 of 5 nurses actually work in hospitals.
Celebrities Born on March 19th:
- Wyatt Earp – Sheriff
- Earl Warren – Supreme Court Justice
- Irving Wallace – Author
- Bruce Willis – actor
- Abdullah bin Ali – Prince of Jordan
- Clayton Kershaw – Baseball player
- Glenn Close – Actress
Popular Social Media Hashtags for National Certified Nurses Day
#certifiednursesday #nursesday #certified
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?