National Cheese Day
National Cheese Day is all about celebrating the delicious dairy product that makes everything taste better. Cheese is delicious whether it be an addition to breakfast (omelet anyone?), for lunch (grilled cheese) or dinner (macaroni and cheese). Cheese is a dairy product made from milk that is produced in a wide range of flavors, textures, and forms. There are 8 – 10 different types of cheese, with 1000’s of sub-categories of the product.
When is National Cheese Day Celebrated:
Annually on June 4th
How to Celebrate National Cheese Day:
- Try to make your own cheese.
- Make breakfast, lunch or dinner and use cheese.
- Have a cocktail party where you can serve a lot of different types of cheeses.
- Try a type of cheese you may have never heard of before.
- Have a party and have your friends and family all bring different types of cheese.
- Make a cheesecake in honor of the day.
- There are seven main types of cheese.
- Cheese is naturally white, off white or a golden yellow.
- Gouda cheese accounts for 50-60% of cheese consumption in the world.
- The state that produces the most amount of cheese is Wisconsin.
- The most popular cheese recipe in the United States is macaroni and cheese.
- Cheese is one of the most popular popcorn flavors.
- Cheddar cheese is aged at least 9 months.
- France consumes the most cheese in the world, followed by Germany and then Luxembourg.
- The United States produces the most cheese in the world.
- Cheddar cheese comes from Great Britain.
- The first cheeses made in the United States were the Cheddar cheeses.
- American’s consume more Italian-style cheeses than other types, followed by American-style cheeses.
- Americans eat more natural cheeses and less processed cheese.
Famous Birthdays on June 4th:
- Angelina Jolie – American Actress
- Russell Brand – Comedian
- Michelle Phillips – Musician
- Kevin Stone – Scientist
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalcheeseday #cheeseday #ilovecheese