National Cheese Lover’s Day
National Cheese Lover’s Day is all about celebrating the delicious dairy product that makes everything taste better. Cheese is a dairy product made from milk that is produced in a wide range of flavors, textures, and forms. There are 8 – 10 different types of cheese, with 1000’s of sub-categories of the product. Cheese is delicious whether it be an addition to breakfast (omelet anyone?), lunch (grilled cheese) or dinner (macaroni and cheese). Cheese Lover’s Day is a day to celebrate your favorite cheeses while also learning about new ones. With the number of cheeses available to you, there will be no shortage of cheese choices.
When is National Cheese Lover’s Day Celebrated:
Annually on January 20th
How to Celebrate Cheese Lover’s Day:
- Try to make your own cheese.
- Add cheese to your breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Have a cocktail party where you can serve a lot of different types of cheeses.
- Try a type of cheese you may have never heard of before.
- Have a party and have your friends and family all bring different types of cheese.
- Make a cheesecake in honor of the day.
- There are seven main types of cheese.
- Cheese is naturally white, off white or a golden yellow.
- Gouda cheese accounts for 50-60% of cheese consumption in the world.
- The state that produces the most amount of cheese is Wisconsin.
- The most popular cheese recipe in the United States is macaroni and cheese.
- Cheese is one of the most popular popcorn flavors.
- Cheddar cheese is aged at least 9 months.
- France consumes the most cheese in the world, followed by Germany and then Luxembourg.
- The United States produces the most cheese in the world.
- Cheddar cheese comes from Great Britain.
- The first cheeses made in the United States were the Cheddar cheeses.
- American’s consume more Italian-style cheeses than other types, followed by American-style cheeses.
- Americans eat more natural cheeses and less processed cheese.
Famous Birthdays on January 20th:
- Buzz Aldrin – Astronaut
- David Lynch – Director
- Paul Stanley – Musician
- Bill Maher – Comedian
- Lorenzo Lamas – Actor
- Rainn Wilson – Actor
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalcheeseloversday #cheeseloversday #ilovecheese