National Cherry Pie Day
National Cherry Pie Day is the one day a year where it’s all about Cherry Pie. Not just any old pie, like we celebrate on National Pie Day but specifically a pie filled with cherries.
When is National Cherry Pie Day?
Type of Holiday?
How is National Cherry Pie Day celebrated?
- Bake a cherry pie
- Buy a cherry pie from a bakery.
- Bake a pie and have family and friends over or bring it to work. You would be a favorite among your co-workers if you bought a pie to work. Y
- Eat cherry pie for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a mid-day snack or a dessert. There are plenty of ways to fit cherry pie into your day.
National Cherry Pie Day Trivia/Facts:
- Cherry Pie is traditionally made with tart cherries rather than sweet cherries
- The pie is said to have come to America with the first English settlers
- The early American pie crusts often were not eaten, but just designed to hold the filling during baking
- Cherry pie is the fifth most popular pie in the US. (Of course Apple pie is the most popular, then Pumpkin, Pecan and Banana Cream pie
- In the 19th Century, fruit pies were a common breakfast food eaten before the start of a long day
- It used to be against the law to serve ice cream on cherry pie in Kansas.
Famous Birthdays on February 20th:
- Rihanna – Singer
- Kurt Cobain – Singer/Deceased
- Cruz Beckham – David Beckham’s son
- Miles Teller – Actor
- Cindy Crawford – Model
- Sidney Poitier – Actor
- Andrew Shue – Actor
- Jackie Gleason, comedian
- Charles Barkley, NBA star
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#cherrypieday #dessert #cherrypie
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.