National Chocolate with Almonds Day
National Chocolate with Almonds Day is all about mixing chocolate with some delicious almonds. Almonds are among the healthier nuts, making it one of the more popular snacks consumed. While it is popular to cover the nuts with dark chocolate, milk chocolate is also commonplace.
When is National Chocolate with Almonds Day?
It’s celebrated the same day every year, July 8th.
Type of Holiday?
Fun, food holiday.
How is the day celebrated?
- You can celebrate this holiday by making your own chocolate covered almonds or you can head out to the store and pick a favorite and buy it. Eating this snack while watching television or a movie has been a common way to enjoy the snack.
- Bring some of the delicious treat to work and share with co-workers
- Have friends and family over to celebrate the day and serve lots of the snack
- Buy Hershey Bars with almonds and share with friends and family
- Enjoy coffee with almond flavor
- Eat chocolate covered almonds for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You don’t need an excuse – it’s a holiday.
- The first nuts covered in chocolate were sold commercially in America in 1925
- Goobers is the oldest brand of chocolate covered nuts to be sold
- One of the most common jingles relating to nuts is the Almond Joy commercial, “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.
- Almonds are very healthy. They reduce the risk of heart attack, lower ‘bad’ cholesterol, protects artery walls from damage, help build healthy bones and teeth, provide healthy fats and aid with weight loss.
Famous People with Birthdays on July 8th:
- Nelson Rockefeller – Famous politician
- Raffi – children’s singer
- Wolfgang Puck – Celebrity Chef
- Anjelica Huston – American Actress
- Kevin Bacon – American Actor
- Milo Ventimiglia – American Actor
- Sophia Bush – American Actress
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Other holidays celebrated in July include National Fried Chicken Day, National Hawaii Day, National Kitten Day and National Mac and Cheese Day.