NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CARAMEL DAY
This day has been set aside every year to celebrate the winning combination of chocolate and caramel that has been delighting both children and adults of all ages for generations. Unlike National Caramel Day, which is celebrated on April 5th, this day is about chocolate and caramel – not just caramel.
When is National Chocolate Caramel Day?
March 19th – Annually
Type of Holiday
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How is National Chocolate Caramel Day Celebrated?
- You can celebrate this holiday by sharing your favorite chocolate caramel treats with your co-workers, classmates, friends, and family
- Indulge in as many chocolate caramel treats as you can stomach
- Make your own chocolate caramel
- Add caramel to your pancakes or chocolate ice cream
- Start your day with chocolate caramel coffee
National Chocolate Caramel Day Trivia/Facts:
- Recipes for chocolate caramels have been around since the 1880’s
- Milton Hershey got his start preparing and selling caramel for a caramel company. This was the foundation of what would become his growing empire. Once he switched to making chocolate as his primary product, it only made sense to introduce the world into the blending of his two loves, chocolate and caramel
- Early candies were made by caramelizing sugar and letting it solidify to a hard candy. Caramels didn’t exist until someone decided to add cream to the caramelized sugar
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 19th:
- Wyatt Earp – Sheriff
- Earl Warren – Supreme Court Justice
- Irving Wallace – Author
- Bruce Willis – actor
- Abdullah bin Ali – Prince of Jordan
- Clayton Kershaw – Baseball player
- Glenn Close – Actress
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#chocolate #chocolatecaramels #hershey