National Daiquiri Day
National Daiquiri Day falls on the same day as National Ice Cream Day, July 19th in 2020. Daiquiris are best served frozen with a a little umbrella for decoration, while sitting on a beach on vacation. The daiquiri only has three ingredients – rum, lime juice and simple syrup – but since they are served frozen a blender is needed.
When is National Daiquiri Day Celebrated?
Annually on July 19th
Holidays celebrated on July 19th:
- National Daiquiri Day
- National Ice Cream Day
Type of Holiday:
Fun. Unofficial Holiday.
How to Celebrate National Daiquiri Day?
- Invite friends over for a daiquiri.
- Taste different flavors of the daiquiri and see which one is your favorite.
- Go out for a drink with friends and family.
- Have a party with ice cream and daiquiris to celebrate both holidays.
- Post a photo of a daiquiri on your social media accounts.
An Easy Daiquiri Recipe:
The plain daiquiri recipe has three ingredients:
- 1 1/2 ounces rum (light)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice (fresh)
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
Most people order a frozen flavored daiquiri such as strawberry, mango, banana or pineapple. To make a frozen drink – you can add frozen fruit and blend the above ingredients less the simple syrup.
- The plain daiquiri has only three ingredients.
- Daiquiri is also the name of a beach.
- The drink was said to have been invented during the Spanish-American war and New Orleans. Not sure which one is the actual place but we are glad the drink was created.
Famous Birthdays on July 19th:
- Benedict Cumberbatch – Actor
- Brian May – Singer in the band Queen
- Lizzie Borden – Famous Murderer who has a song about her
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationaldaiquiriday #daiquiriday #worldicecreamday #icecreamday