National Dentist’s Day
This is a holiday that isn’t celebrated a lot. Sadly, dentists frequently get a bad rap, because they sometimes cause pain when helping their patients. Dentist’s Day was created so people can demonstrate their gratitude and say thank you to dentists everywhere. This holiday, celebrated on March 6th, is a way of bringing awareness to dentistry so that people will know more about how to care for their teeth.
When is National Dentist’s Day?
Same day every year, March 6th
Type of Holiday?
How is National Dentist’s Day celebrated?
- You can also celebrate by getting yourself a special treat to help make your smile even better. A lot of people enjoy getting whitening kits or treatments.
- Schedule yourself an appointment with the dentist
- Call your dentist’s office today to see if they can fit you in on the special day
- It would be a nice gesture to get your dentist a little thank you card.
- You could also take a picture with your dentist and give the doctor a shout-out on your social media accounts.
National Dentist’s Day Trivia/Facts:
- The first dentist in recorded history was an Egyptian named Hesy Ra, who is thought to have lived and practiced his dentistry in Egypt around 2600 BCE.
- In 1866, Lucy Beaman Hobbs became the first licensed female dentist.
- Did you know your teeth are as unique as your fingerprints?
- While dentists ranked number 1 for top jobs in 2015, they are also most prone to commit suicide
- Paul Revere was also a dentist
- John Henry “Doc” Holliday fought at the O.K. Corral, but he was also a trained dentist who practiced in Atlanta for a time
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 6th :
- Shaquille O’Neal – Basketball player
- Charles Frank – Physicist
- Michelangelo – Artist
- Connie Britton – Actress
- Cyrano de Bergerac – French playwright
- Ed McMahon – American TV host
- Kiri Te Kanawa – Opera star
- Marcus Smart – Basketball player
- Lou Costello – Comedian
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Other interesting holidays celebrated in March include National Cereal Day, National Joe Day and National Potato Chip Day.
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?