National Drink Wine Day
Wine has become so popular among people everywhere there is even a special day, National Drink Wine Day, dedicated to it. While some of us don’t need an excuse to drink a glass of wine, there is a real purpose to the holiday – this is a day to spread the love and health benefits of wine. Is anyone else thankful (and relieved) that wine really has health benefits? Drinking wine in moderation is said to reduce the risk of heart disease. Moderate drinkers of wine have a lower risk of a number of diseases including; liver disease, type II diabetes, certain kinds of cancers, heart attack and stroke. It also can reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good (HDL).
When is National Drink Wine Day?
Celebrated the same day every year, February 18th
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How is National Drink Wine Day celebrated?
Raise a glass of wine to celebrate. This is one holiday you have a choice. You can choose to celebrate it with friends, family or even by yourself. Have a party where you can ask each of your guests to bring a bottle of wine and have a taste test. Or just have a glass of wine while making dinner.
National Drink Wine Day Trivia/Facts:
- There are over 10,000 varieties of wine grapes in the world
- Healthier wines include Merlot, a medium-bodied wine, made from blue-colored grapes. Red wines with more of a dry flavor profile, like cabernets, have been shown to promote healthy cholesterol levels and help prevent coronary heart disease
- Not to be confused with National Wine Day on May 25th, this is National Drink Wine Day
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 18th:
- Toni Morrison – Author
- John Travolta – Actor
- Yoko Ono – Activist, wife of deceased singer John Lennon
- Vanna White – famous for being the letter turner on Wheel of Fortune
- Jillian Michaels – Reality Show fitness trainer on ‘Biggest Loser’
- Dr. Dre – Rapper
- John Hughes – Producer/Screen Writer (Deceased)
- George Peabody – Philanthropist
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#wine #nationaldrinkwineday #drinkwineeveryday #drinkwine
Also celebrated today is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day.
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.