National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day may not be the most popular holiday out there, but it is definitely a kid favorite. The holiday is exactly what it sounds like – wake up and instead of having the same old cereal, toast or eggs you usually do, have a bowl of ice cream. You can pick any flavor you want – as long as it’s ice cream.
When is National Eat Ice Cream Day?
Celebrated the same day every year, February 18th
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How is National Eat Ice Cream Day celebrated?
This is an easy holiday to celebrate. All you need to do is to wake up and instead of a normal breakfast of cereal, toast or eggs like you usually do, have a bowl of ice cream. You can pick any flavor you want – as long as it’s ice cream.
National Eat Ice Cream Trivia/Facts:
- The average American eats about 20 quarts of ice cream a year
- Top-selling ice cream flavors are: vanilla, with 33 percent of the market, and chocolate, with 19 percent
- It takes 5.8 pounds of whole milk and one pound of cream to make one gallon of ice cream
- The most ice cream is produced in June
- California produces the most ice cream in America
- It takes about 50 licks to finish an ice cream cone
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 18th:
- Toni Morrison – Author
- John Travolta – Actor
- Yoko Ono – Activist, wife of deceased singer John Lennon
- Vanna White – famous for being the letter turner on Wheel of Fortune
- Jillian Michaels – Reality Show fitness trainer on ‘Biggest Loser’
- Dr. Dre – Rapper
- John Hughes – Producer/Screen Writer (Deceased)
- George Peabody – Philanthropist
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.