National Eat Right Day
With everyone trying to eat right it makes sense that it should have its very own day. In reality, this day is a to honor famous nutritionist, Adelle Davis. Adelle, who was born on February 25, 1904, was an advocate in the nutrition movement. Adelle was a proponent of eating whole unprocessed foods, she criticized food additives, and claimed that dietary supplements and other nutrients played a huge role in preventing diseases and restoring health when recovering from a disease.
When is National Eat Right Day?
Every year the holiday is celebrated on February 25th, Adelle Davis’ birthday.
Type of Holiday?
National Eat Right Day Facts:
- There is a National Nutrition Month in August
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 25th:
- Veronica Webb – Actress
- Carrot Top – Comedian
- Tea Leoni – Actress
- Sean Astin – Actor
- Justin Jeffre – Singer from 98 Degrees
- Chelsea Handler – Comedian
- Rashida Jones – Actress from “The Office,” ”Parks and Recreation”
- Shawna Thompson – Singer of Thompson Square