National French Fry Day
National French Fry Day is all about celebrating this delicious fried potato. Whether made fresh or from a bag, french fries are a comfort food loved by both children and adults. The great thing about the day is there are National French Fry Deals everywhere to celebrate the amazing tasting food.
When is National French Fry Day Celebrated:
Annually on July 13th
Holidays celebrated on July 13th:
- National French Fry Day
- National Beans ‘N’ Franks Day
- National Delaware Day
How to Celebrate National French Fry Day:
- National French Fry Day Deals are in abundance today. Head on over to McDonald’s, Wendy’s or another fast food establishment and grab your fries.
- Make your own french fries from scratch.
- Eat fries for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Top your fries with mozzarella and get a side of gravy. You can thank us later.
- Poutine is a favorite in Canada. It’s made of french-fried potatoes, beef gravy, and topped with cheese curds
- Try a different topping on your french fries – chili, cheese or anything else you can think of you.
- Have a party and have your friends and family all bring different kinds of fries.
- In Canada they refer to the fry as poutine.
- French fries came to the United States during WWI when soldiers discovered them in Belgium.
- Since Belgium’s language is French the soldiers called them French fries.
- Another name for the fries is pomme frites.
- In England fries are referred to as chips.
- Fries are served with different condiments – including ketchup, mayo, vinegar and gravy.
Famous Birthdays on July 13th:
- Harrison Ford – American Actor
- Julius Caesar – Former Roman Dictator
- Patrick Stewart – British Actor
- Ken Jeong – Comedian
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalmacaroniandcheeseday #macaroniandcheeseday #ilovemacaroniandcheese
Other holidays celebrated in July include National Fried Chicken Day, National Hawaii Day, National Kitten Day and National Mac and Cheese Day.