National Frozen Yogurt Day
Frozen yogurt is a frozen dessert made with yogurt and sometimes other dairy products. It is usually more tart than ice cream, as well as lower in fat (due to the use of milk instead of cream). TCBY, one of the most popular yogurt stores opened its first store in 1981.
When is National Frozen Yogurt Day?
Celebrated every year on February 6th
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How is National Frozen Yogurt Day celebrated?
- Eat the delicious snack for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Go get some of the delicious treat for free – TCBY is offering a FREE 6 oz frozen yogurt to celebrate the holiday. The first 6 oz is free and you’ll pay the difference for anything over 6 oz.
- Go with friends and grab some of the frozen treats
National Frozen Yogurt Day Trivia/Facts:
- The difference in the ingredients of ice cream and frozen yogurt is cream
- The main nutritional difference is the fat content
- The frozen snack is alive and contains bacteria. The bacteria is said to be “good” bacteria
- Eating the yogurt can help reduce a person’s chances of developing osteoporosis
- Frozen yogurt has fewer calories and is lower in saturated fat than regular ice cream
- The first commercial brand, Frogurt, was introduced in New England in the early 1970s
- In 2012, sales of the frozen treat were $194.9 million, with 121 million servings of frozen yogurt sold
- June is National Frozen Yogurt Month in the United States
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 6th:
- Axl Rose – Singer from Guns ‘N Roses
- Bob Marley – Singer
- Babe Ruth – Baseball Player
- Ronald Reagan – President of the U.S.
- Eva Braun – Model
- Natalie Cole – Singer
- Ricky Barnes – Golfer
- Tom Brokaw – Journalist
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#froyo #frozenyogurt #yum #healthy #dessert #food