NATIONAL GIRLFRIEND DAY
National Girlfriend Day, a day to honor that special person in your life – frequently known as your “best friend”. This day is a time to show them how much you appreciate them, how special and important they are to you and how you cherish their friendship. That special bond can be between friends, family or co-workers. Similar to National Best Friend’s Day, it is a day to celebrate together.
When is National Girlfriend Day?
Celebrated annually on August 1st.
How is National Girlfriend Day Celebrated?
- Send a card/flowers/gift thanking that special person
- Get together with your best friend for coffee/a meal/a movie/a weekend away
- Call or Skype a friend who doesn’t live close to you
- Plan something you know your friend has been wanting to do and help them cross something off their bucket list.
- Plan a special dinner for your girls
National Girlfriend Day Trivia/Facts:
- According to statistics, loyalty is the most valued quality in a close friend.
- Helen Keller is quoted as saying “walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”.
- The finale of the TV series, “Friends,” was one of the top 5 most watched series finales of all times!
- We are not sure who to thank for this special day since it seems a number of people would like to take credit for Girlfriends Day. Kathleen Laing and Elizabeth Butterfield started it in 2002, followed by Allie Savarino Kline and Sally Rodgers in 2006.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on August 1st:
- Jason Momoa – Actor
- Explorer William Clark in 1770
- Francis Scott Key – Composer of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” in 1779
- Jerry Garcia – Musician co-founder of the Grateful Dead rock group, in 1942
- Coolio – Rapper
- Sam Mendes – film director
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#bestfriendsday #bestfriends #hugafriend #girlfriendday