National Goof Off Day
Finally – a day where it’s okay to sit back and relax without getting in trouble – National Goof Off Day. This very interesting holiday was invented as a joke by a 10-year-old girl, Monica “Moeller” Dufour and her grandfather. As a young girl, in 1976, Monica was listening to her grandfather speak on a radio station encouraging people to call with ideas. Monica disguised her voice and suggested Goof-Off Day. There was no such day but grandpa thought it was a great idea. The next day, an article ran in the newspaper and so the holiday began. This day was set aside for you to enjoy – guilt-free. So get out there and have some fun.
When is National Goof Off Day?
While we would love to celebrate this day every day of the year, the holiday is celebrated on March 22nd every year.
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday
How is National Day celebrated?
- Take the time to have some extra fun
- Take an extra break at work
- Goof at work – play a game on your computer (it’s actually okay to do this today)
- Spend some extra time daydreaming
- Take your kids to the park
- The top goof off activity is playing video games
National Good Off Day Trivia/Facts:
- The day was invented as a joke by a then 10-year-old Monica Dufour
- Goofing off can help reduce stress levels
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 22nd :
- Reese Witherspoon – Actress
- William Shatner – Actor
- J.J. Watt – NFL Football Player
- James Patterson – Author
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – Famous Broadway Producer
- Rick Patterson – Reality Show Star (Pawn Stars)
- Bob Costas – News Anchor
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?