National Homebrew Day
National Homebrew Day is dedicated to honoring the growing market of crafted homebrewed beer. It is a day where beer flows freely and where people can learn ‘hands-on’ brewing technique. Due to the alcoholic content the event is restricted to those who are 21 and over.
Type of Holiday?
When is the Holiday Celebrated?
The first Saturday in May
How is Homebrew Day celebrated?
- Learn how to homebrew
- Drink a homebrew
- Support a small, local brewery
- Events are hosted by bars, breweries, shops and homebrew clubs to teach homebrewing
- Homebrew Competitions are held to showcase latest brew creations
- Beer craft festivals are held where locals get together for tasting events
- Big Brew is a huge event were beer enthusiasts can actually learn hands-on to brew classic brew recipes alongside seasoned brewers
National “Homebrew” Day Trivia/Facts:
- Created in 1988, the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) created AHA Big Brew as an annual event to celebrate National Homebrew Day around the world. AHA Big Brew is held each year on the first Saturday in May.
- American Homebrewers Association designated the day to honor Homebrewers all over the world
- With the help of Congress the first observed National Homebrew day was on May 7, 1988
- Crafted beer is on a meteoric rise in popularity in the United States and abroad
- Women were the first homebrewers
- Beer brewing has evolved through its 7,000-year history
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on May 7th:
- Aidy Bryant, Comedian
- Thelma Houston, Singer
- Prairie Prince, Drummer of “The Tubes”
- Traci Lords, Actress
- Alexander Ludwig, Actor
- Michael E. Knight, Actor
- Judith Donath, American computer scientist
- Rueben Davis, American Football Player
- Frank Trigg, American martial artist and wrestler
- Lisa Kelly, Irish Singer from Celtic Woman
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#homebrewday #nationalhomebrewday #beer #haveabeer