National I Want You to Be Happy Day
Similar to Random Act of Kindness Day, this holiday was created as a day to encourage us to do something to make others happy. It is a reminder that the point is not for others to make you happy, but for each of us to do what we can to bring joy to someone else’s life. Needless to say, this isn’t always an easy task but we shared some fun ways to celebrate below – so be sure to check it out.
When is I Want You to Be Happy Day?
Same day every year, March 3rd
Type of Holiday?
How to celebrate I Want You to Be Happy Day?
- There are numerous ways to celebrate this holiday. We have a list of some suggestions below:
- You could buy coffee for the person in line behind you
- Leave a sticky note in your kids’ lunch box telling them how much you love them
- Draw a happy face in the snow for someone to come across later
- Give someone a hug
- Share more smiles, compliments, and laughter
I Want You to Be Happy Day Trivia/Facts:
- No one has been able to discover the origin of this holiday but it is believed to have been started by a stationary company
- Many believe that the phrase “happy as a clam” originates from the fact that open clams give an impression of a smiling clam
- Dalai Lama once said “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#behappy #iwantyoutobehappyday #iwantyoutobehappy
Famous People’s Birthday :
- Buddy Valastro – Chef
- Chief Joseph – Nez Perce leader
- William Godwin – Journalist
- Julie Bowen- Actress
- Camila Cabello – Singer
- Herschel Walker – Athlete
- Charles Ponzi – Criminal, banker
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?