National Kitten Day
National Kitten Day was founded in 2013 by Colleen Paige, an Animal Welfare Advocate, Celebrity Pet Expert and animal lover. The day was created to celebrate the kittens out there and the joy they bring to our lives, as well as to create an awareness of all the kittens that are in shelters and need to be rescued. While this day is very similar to National Puppy Day, celebrated in March, this day is all about the furry, little kitten.
When is National Kitten Day Celebrated?
Annually on July 10th.
Type of Holiday?
Holidays Celebrated on July 10th:
- National Clerihew Day
- National Kitten Day
- National Pina Colada Day
How to Celebrate National Kitten Day:
- Adopt a homeless kitten from your local shelter.
- Volunteer at your local shelter.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
- If you already own a cat, give your pet a special treat or a new toy.
- Make a donation to a homeless animal shelter.
- Take a selfie with your kitten and post it to Instagram.
- Kittens love to nap – join the little cutie for a nap to celebrate their day.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
- 95% of pet owners admit to talking to their cats. Who doesn’t speak to their pets?
- A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
- A cat cannot see directly under its nose. A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human only has 206 bones.
- A cat has four rows of whiskers and use their whiskers as “antennas” to help judge the width of a space.
- A cat can sprint at about thirty-one miles per hour.
- A cat sees about six times better than a human at night
- Cats only meow at humans. They will almost never meow at another cat. Cats use this sound for humans.
Famous Birthdays on June 10th:
- David Brinkley – Newscaster
- Sofia Vergara – Actress
- Nikola Tesla – Inventor
- Arthur Ashe – Tennis Player
- Adrien Grenier – Actor
- Jessica Simpson – Singer, Reality TV Star
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalpetday #ilovemypet #petday #nationalpinacoladaday #pinacolada
Other holidays celebrated in July include National Fried Chicken Day, National Hawaii Day and National Mac and Cheese Day.