National Martini Day
National Martini Day is a day worth celebrating if you are a fan of gin, dry vermouth and olives. Those are the three essential ingredients to make your drink a success.
The Classic Martini Recipe:
-Fill shaker with ice. Fill it halfway
-Add gin. Add 2 1/2 ounces gin (or, if you prefer, vodka). …
-Add a splash of dry vermouth. The less you add, the drier your martini will be.
– Stir or shake. This blends the flavors, and the ice dilutes the alcohol a little. …
– Pour and add a garnish.
When is it Celebrated?
Celebrated annually on June 19th
Type of Holiday:
Fun, Food Holiday.
How to Celebrate National Martini Day?
- Invite friends over for a drink
- Taste different flavors of the drink and see which one is your favorite
- “Designer” Martinis are all the rage – chocolate, pecan pie, sea salt caramel, key lime pie, smores, peanut butter cup and many more
- Go out for a drink with friends and family
- Buy a brand of gin you have never had and make the martini
Facts/Trivia about the Special Day:
- Martinis can also be made with gin.
- The first official mention of Martini was in The New and Improved Illustrated Bartending Manual in 1888.
- Famous celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Alfred Hitchcock, Winston Churchill and F. Scott Fitzgerald drank their Martinis from classic Martini glasses.
- You can drink a $10,000 Martini at the Algonquin Hotel in New York City. Why does it cost so much? It includes a beautiful, real radiant cut Diamond.
- Gin originated from Holland.
- Gin is essentially a flavored vodka.
- The martini started in 1911 when a New York City bartender named Martini began serving the cocktail. The drink gained popularity among Manhattan socialites, and has been associated with New York ever since.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalmartiniday #martini #martiniday #vodkamartini #summertimedrinks #drinkresponsibly #withatwist #greygoose #drinks #bombaysapphire #olives
Famous People with Birthdays on June 19th:
- Zoe Saldana – Actress
- Paula Abdul – Singer
- Kathleen Turner – Actress
- Mackelmore – Singer
- Lara Spencer – Newscaster