National Mojito Day
National Mojito Day falls on the same day as 7-11 Free Slurpee Day. The mojito was born in Havana, Cuba. Made of five ingredients, the mojito has become very popular in recent years. The mojito is made from white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime juice, soda water, and mint.
When is National Mojito Day Celebrated?
Annually on July 11th
Holidays celebrated on July 11th:
National Cheer Up The Lonely Day
National Rainier Cherry Day
National Blueberry Muffin Day
All American Pet Photo Day
National Mojito Day
National 7-Eleven Day
Type of Holiday:
Fun. Unofficial Holiday.
How to Celebrate National Mojito Day?
- Invite friends over for a drink
- Taste different flavors of the drink and see which one is your favorite
- Go out for a drink with friends and family
- Have a party with slurpees and mojitos to celebrate both holidays
- Post a photo of a mojito on your social media accounts
An Easy Mojito Recipe:
- Muddle the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves in a small jug, crushing the mint as you go
- Pour into a tall glass and add a handful of ice.
- Pour in the rum, stirring with a long-handled spoon.
- Top with seltzer, garnish with mint and serve.
- Mojito is the traditional Cuban highball.
- The drink was invented in Havana, Cuba.
- A mojito is a cocktail that consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime juice, soda water, and mint.
- Besides the original mint mojito, fruit is a common type of drink, as well. This includes raspberry, pomegranate, grapefruit and many other fruit flavors.
- Mojitos are a rum based drink.
Famous Birthdays on July 11th:
- Yul Brynner – Russian. Film & Stage Actor
- John Quincy Adams – 6th President of the United States
- Alessia Cara – Canadian singer/songwriter
- Sela Ward – American Actress
- Sadie Robertson – Reality TV, Actress
- Justin Chambers – Actor
- Georgio Armani – Italian Fashion Designer
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#7-11freeslurpee #freeslurpeeday #nationalmojitoday #mojitoday #enjoyaslurpeeandmojito