National Proposal Day
National Proposal Day is the perfect time to propose to your loved one – especially if you missed Valentine’s Day or Christmas.There is a special day created to take the angst out of finding that perfect day to propose or at the very least, let your loved one know they are marriage material. March 20th is Proposal Day, a now official day celebrated two times a year, on both the Vernal and Autumnal Equinoxes. The creator of the holiday is John Michael O’Loughlin. Don’t let the day slip by with telling your loved one you are open to a marriage proposal.
When is National Proposal Day?
This holiday is celebrated twice a year – on March 20th, the Vernal Equinox and September 20th, the Autumnal Equinox.
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday
How is National Proposal Day celebrated?
- Tell your loved one they are marriage material
- Shop for a ring
- Actually, propose to your loved one
- A proposal for marriage is usually accompanied by an engagement ring
- If you don’t have a significant other – today is a great day to start looking
National Proposal Day Trivia/Facts:
- John O’Loughlin created the day in honor of his cousin, who waited for years for her boyfriend to propose – and he never did. He wanted a day for people to officially state their intentions to propose, rather than waste years with someone who has no plans on marrying you
- Traditionally it is the male partner who proposes
- There are some countries where the woman can propose marriage to her sweetheart on a Leap Year
- More people would prefer a romantic proposal over the ring itself
- The most popular shape diamond engagement ring is round, followed by square (princess, cushion), rectangular (emerald, radiant), pear, oval and heart
- 81 percent of people would prefer a private proposal
- The average cost of an engagement ring is $4,000
- The average engagement is 14 months long
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#proposalday #propose #willyoumarryme
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 20th:
- Holly Hunter – Actress
- Baron Trump – President Trump’s youngest son
- Mr. Rogers – American Personality/Deceased
- Spike Lee – Director
- B.F. Skinner – American Psychologist
- Kathy Ireland – Model/Furniture Designer
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on September 20th:
- George R. R. Martin – Screenwriter, Novelist.
- Sophia Loren – Actress
- Upton Sinclair – Author
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?