National Rotisserie Day
National Rotisserie Day is celebrated on June 2nd. There is no known founder of the day. Rotisserie chicken is cooked whole on a rotisserie or spit that continuously turns, heating the chicken slowly and sealing in the flavor and moistness.
When is National Rotisserie Chicken Day?
Celebrated Annually on June 2nd.
Holidays Celebrated on June 2nd:
- National Rotisserie Chicken Day
- National Rocky Road Day
- National Bubba Day
- National Leave The Office Early Day – if it falls on a weekend it would be acknowledged on the closest working day
How to Celebrate National Rotisserie Chicken Day?
- Have a picnic with friends and family and serve rotisserie chicken – don’t forget the perfect side – corn and biscuits.
- Go to your favorite fast food restaurant and order chicken.
- Try out a new recipe.
- Buy a chicken from the store and have it for dinner.
Recipe for a Delicious Rotisserie Chicken:
It’s all about the seasoning!! I have a confession – my son cooks the chicken in the house and it comes out amazing. Every. Single. Time. All he uses to season the chicken is use Salt, Pepper and Thyme. While it’s easy to pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store – it’s just as easy to cook it home. He uses a whole chicken and removes the spine. He then seasons it and leaves it on for a few minutes to get the maximum taste. He then cooks it at 350 degrees at approximately 20 minutes per pound.
Looking for other delicious recipes for chicken? We have a chicken recipe here you will love.
Trivia about the Day:
- Rotisserie chickens frequently come pre-seasoned in the factory.
- This is John Legend’s go to meal.
- They make a great last minute meal.
- There are more chickens on earth than people. There are about 25 billion chickens out there.
- As chickens grow older, they lay larger eggs but a lot less than when they were younger.
- When stressed, chickens lose their feathers.
- Chickens dream in color (not sure how this is a known fact).
- Chickens that listen to classical music tend to lay larger eggs.
Famous Birthdays on June 2nd:
- Wayne Brady – Talk Show Host
- Justin Long – American Actor
- Wentworth Miller – British Actor
- Jeanine Pirro – American TV Personality
- Andy Cohen – American Television Show Host
- Zachary Pinto – American Actor
- Dana Carvey – American Actor
- Abby Wambach – American Soccer Player
Popular Social Media Hashtags: