National Sandwich Day
The day of the sandwich. The story behind the invention of the sandwich – John Montagu, the fourth Earl of Sandwich, requested a meal he could eat without interrupting a long gambling binge. In order to help Mr. Montagu, the cook served him meat between two slices of bread at the card table.
When is National Sandwich Day?
November 3rd. A fun, food holiday.
How to Celebrate the holiday:
- Bring your favorite sandwich to work or school
- Try a new sandwich today
- Companies frequently run specials today – so be on the lookout for a good deal today
- Invite your friends to bring their favorite sandwiches, have a party and share the food
- Buy your favorite cold cuts, make an amazing sandwich and send it to school with the kids or bring it to work
National Sandwich Day Trivia/Facts:
- Turkey, ham and roast beef are among the favorite sandwiches for American people to bring to lunch
- Legend says, John Montagu, the fourth Earl of Sandwich, requested a meal he could eat without interrupting a long gambling binge. The house cook served him meat between two slices of bread at the card table and so the sandwich was invented.
- Be prepared if you like to bring lunch – bring leftovers
- You can save as much as $25 a week when you bring lunch every day
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Famous People who celebrate their Birthday on November 3rd:
- Kendall Jenner – Super Model, Part of the Kardashian clan
- Colin Kaepernick – Former NFL Football player
- Charles Bronson – Actor
- Anna Wintour – Fashion Editor at Vogue Magazine
- Roseanne Baar – Comedian
- Phil Simms – Former NFL Player