What is National Siblings Day?
Celebrate your brother and sisters today, as today is National Siblings Day. This is the day we get to recognize how special the people who grew up in the same house as us really are. The US holiday was originated by Claudia Evart to honor the memory of her brother and sister, both of whom died at early ages. The Siblings Day Foundation was incorporated in 1997 and achieved non-profit status in 1999. While it is an official holiday, you do not get the day off for it.
When is it?
April 10th every year.
Type of Holiday
Official – but you don’t get the day off.
How can you celebrate Siblings Day?
- Share photos of your siblings on Facebook
- Let your siblings know you care about them
- Have a family dinner in honor of the special day
- Give your sibling a call
- Go all out and get your sibling a card or a gift
- Spa day anyone?
Trivia about Siblings Day
- The most siblings with same birthday are 5. All 5 were born on the 20th of February in 1952, 1953, 1956, 1961 and 1966. The odds of this occurring are one in nearly 18 billion.
- In China there was a one-child policy untill 2015, which means it restricted urban families to having only one child.
- For 35 years it was illegal to have more than one child in China
- Research shows the youngest sibling is the funniest
- Having a sibling of the opposite sex can help you with dating
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on April 10th:
- Mandy Moore – Actress
- Steven Seagal – Actor
- Charlie Hunnam – Actor
- Alex Pettyfer – Actor
- Omar Sharif – Actor
- Babyface – Singer
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#NationalSiblingsDay #siblingsday #sisters #brothers #family
Other holidays celebrated in April include April Fool’s Day. There are your health holidays, which includes World Health Day and Autism Awareness Day, And of course – we have the fun holidays from World Party Day to National Siblings Day and National Pet Day. Let’s not forget the numerous food and drink holidays – from National Empanada day to National Beer Day.