National Vodka Day
National Vodka Day is a marketing creation that has been celebrated in the United States on October 4 since approximately 2009. With every day being a special day for something, vodka needs a day to itself.
When is National Vodka Day Celebrated?
Annually on October 4th
Type of Holiday:
How to Celebrate Vodka Day?
- Invite friends over for a drink
- Taste different flavors of the drink and see which one is your favorite
- Go out for a drink with friends and family
- Buy a brand of vodka you have never had
- Have a party with tacos and vodka to celebrate both holidays.
- Vodka accounts for almost 20 to 25 per cent of spirits sold in North America.
- The word vodka stems from the Russian word, voda, which means water
- Vodka surpassed the sale of bourbon in the 1970s.
- Vodka comes in a number of flavors including cotton candy, coconut, blueberry, cucumber, etc.
- Justin Timberlake, P. Diddy and Bruce Willis have been endorsing various brands of premium vodkas with P. Diddy being known for promoting the Ciroc brand.
- Dan Aykroyd was the first celebrity to manufacture his own vodka. The bottle is known for its clear-glass human skull shape.
- Dakota Johnson – Actress
- Susan Sarandon – Actress
- Liev Schreiber – Actor
- Derrick Rose – Basketball Player
- Melissa Benoist – Actress
- Alicia Silverstone – American
Check 0ut all of October’s Holidays here!
Also celebrated on October 4th is World Smile Day and National Taco Day.