NATIONAL WATER A FLOWER DAY
National Water a Flower Day is a day spent celebrating watering your flowers. While you shouldn’t need a special day to water your flowers, somehow a day to make you aware of the importance of watering your flowers has been invented. To keep your flowers alive, you have to water them. Water a Flower Day reminds you to water your flowers and is an opportunity to give them an extra sip of water to thank them for their wonderful colors.
When is National Water a Flower Day Celebrated?
Annually on May 30th
Type of Holiday?
How is National Water A Flower Day Celebrated?
- The best way to celebrate National Water a Flower Day is by giving all of your household and garden flowers a drink of water.
- Use today as an opportunity to care for the gardens of those who may be homebound or in the hospital.
- Plant flowers around your home with your kids, neighbors or friends.
- Bring flowers to someone you love.
National Water A Flower Day Trivia/Facts:
- A lack of water can cause a flower garden to wilt and produce very few – if any – blooms. Overwatering flowers on the other hand, can cause disease and the drowning of plants.
- The best time to water flowers is in the morning between the hours of 6-10 a.m. The cooler temperature reduces evaporation and helps the water stay where you need it – with the plant. Spreading mulch around can also help keep the soil moist.
- Placing a rain gauge in your garden will help keep track of how much water the garden is getting each week.
- There are some flower vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and artichoke, and some flowers used as spices such as crocus (saffron), cloves, and capers.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on May 30th:
- Peter Carl Faberge – Russian jeweler (Faberge eggs)
- Steve Israel – Politician
- Benny Goodman – Bandleader/clarinetist
- Idina Menzel – Stage actress
- Wynnona Judd – Country singer
- Gale Sayers – NFL running back
- Bob Evans – Restauranteur
- Mel Blanc – Voice actor
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#wateraflower #wateraflowerday #nationalwateraflowerday #flowers