The Oscars, also known as the Academy Awards, is a very popular awards ceremony where films are presented with a number of awards. Some of the categories for the awards show includes Best Film, Best Score, Best Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress and many more. The show is usually hosted by a comedian or actor/actress. The 91st Academy Awards ceremony will take place on February 25, 2019 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California at 5:00 p.m. PST.
When is the Oscars (also referred to as the Academy Awards)?
The date changes every year. For 2019 it is on February 25th. The date of the 92nd Oscars telecast will be on Sunday, February 9, 2020,
Type of Holiday?
It’s not a holiday, but a noted date.
How is the Oscars celebrated?
- Celebrate by hosting a viewing party. Get dressed up and invite friends over for cocktails and to watch the show
- Get dressed up and watch the show
- Fill out a form with all of the nominees and see if you can predict who will win the Oscar for your favorite categories
- There are 24 categories of nominations for the Oscars
- Meryl Streep is the most nominated performer of all time – with the record being 21 nominations
- The Oscar weighs 6 3/4 pounds, and stands 13 1/2 inches high
- The longest acceptance speech ever given at an Oscar ceremony was given by Greer Garson. Her speech lasted for about five minutes and 30 seconds
- The first time five African American performers were nominated for acting awards was in 2004
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#Oscars #AcademyAwards #Oscars2019
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 24th:
- Steve Jobs – Co-founder of Apple – Deceased
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. –Boxer
- Earl Sweatshirt – Rapper
- Trace Cyrus – Musician
- Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor – Former Holy Roman Emperor
- Kristin Davis – Actress