The Oscars, also known as the Academy Awards, is a very popular awards ceremony where films are presented with a number of awards. Some of the categories for the awards show includes Best Film, Best Score, Best Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress and many more. The show is usually hosted by a comedian or actor/actress. The 91st Academy Awards ceremony will take place on February 25, 2019 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California at 5:00 p.m. PST.
When are the Oscars (also referred to as the Academy Awards)?
The date changes every year. For 2023 it is on March 12th.
Type of Holiday?
It’s not a holiday, but a noted date.
How are the Oscars celebrated?
- Celebrate by hosting a viewing party. Get dressed up and invite friends over for cocktails and to watch the show
- Get dressed up and watch the show
- Fill out a form with all of the nominees and see if you can predict who will win the Oscar for your favorite categories
- There are 24 categories of nominations for the Oscars
- Meryl Streep is the most nominated performer of all time – with the record being 21 nominations
- The Oscar weighs 6 3/4 pounds, and stands 13 1/2 inches high
- The longest acceptance speech ever given at an Oscar ceremony was given by Greer Garson. Her speech lasted for about five minutes and 30 seconds
- The first time five African American performers were nominated for acting awards was in 2004
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#Oscars #AcademyAwards #Oscars2023