What is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
Peanut Butter Cookie Day is a day we can get behind. Cookies and peanut butter are two of our favorite things. This is a day set aside to bake your favorite peanut butter cookies at home. While you don’t need an excuse to bake these delicious kinds of cookies, having a special day set aside guarantees there will be lots of baking and lots of eating cookies going on.
When is National Peanut Butter Cookies Day?
Type of Holiday?
Fun. Food Holiday
How to Celebrate Peanut Butter Cookie Day?
- Bake Cookies – The best way to celebrate the day is to bake some good old fashioned peanut butter cookies. You can bake them in the oven or there is even a no bake recipe available for those who want a quick treat.
- Host a Contest. It’s a great excuse to have friends or family over and have a bake off. Vote on it and see whose cookie is the best. Is baked in the oven better or no baked better?
- Cookie Exchange – have your guests bake cookies at home and then exchange them with each other. No two cookie recipes taste alike. No need to wait for the holidays to exchange cookies – do it in June.
- Send your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe to family and friends.
- The average person consumes almost 19,000 cookies in a lifetime (doesn’t that sound like a lot of cookies?)
- Americans consume over 2 billion cookies a year or about 300 cookies for each person.
- Half the cookies baked in homes each year are chocolate chip.
- Baking burns 168 – 348 calories an hour (at least you’re burning some calories prior to eating them all)
- The biggest recorded cookie was reportedly baked in 2003 and was said to be 102 feet wide and weighed over 40,000 pounds.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalpeanutbuttercookieday #peanutbuttercookies #ilovepeanutbuttercookies
Famous Birthdays on June 12th:
- Anne Franke – Famous Author
- Jim Nabors – American Actor
- George H.W. Bush – 41st American President
- Kendra Wilkinson – Former Playmate, Reality TV Star
- Adriana Lima – Brazilian Model
Do you have a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe you would like to share with us?
We have an amazing Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe that is a bit lighter in calories to share with you:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
To find out how to cook this delicious recipe head over to Taste of Home.