Sesame Street Day
Sesame Street has been a fan favorite for the last 40 years. Besides Elmo, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch are just a few of the favorite characters of the show who are loved by children everywhere! The day was first established in 2009 to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of its original broadcast. While it started in New York, the day has quickly grown and is celebrated throughout the world.
When is Sesame Street Day?
November 10th. The date the show first aired.
Type of Holiday?
How is Sesame Street Day celebrated?
- Invite family and friends over for a party
- Watch the show all day
- Bring in coloring sheets of the characters to your child’s school so everyone can celebrate
- Head to the toy store and buy your favorite toy from the television show
Sesame Street Day Trivia/Facts:
- An American educational children’s television series that combines live action, sketch comedy, animation and puppetry
- The first show aired on November 10, 1969
- As of the show’s 50th anniversary in 2019, Sesame Street has produced over 4,500 episodes, 35 TV specials, 200 home videos, and 180 albums.
- Its YouTube channel has almost 5 million subscribers
- Elmo is supposed to be a three year old child and refers to himself in the 3rd person
- Big Bird is 8’2″ tall
- Elmo is the only non-human to testify before Congress
- All Sesame Street‘s main Muppets have four fingers except Cookie Monster, who has five fingers
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#sesamestreetday #happybirthdaysesamestreet #sesamestreetis50
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on November 10th :
- Josh Peck – Child Star from iCarly
- Ellen Pompeo – Actress
- Miranda Lambert – Country Singer
- Dream Kardashian – Reality Star – Daughter of Rob Kardashian
- Richard Burton – Actor
Do you have a favorite Sesame Street character? Leave a comment and let us know.
Other holidays in November are Daylight Saving Day, Nachos Day, Candy Day and many more. Check out all the holidays in November right here!